Friday, September 14, 2012

I am Looking Forward to...

   I am most looking forward to evolution! I love the topic and I find all of the different perspectives fascinating. Being Catholic, this topic has always been a more difficult aspect of science for me. I am really looking forward to learning more about it and really being able to understand the controversy. I also really like what we're doing now with ecosystems. I also really like biodiversity. I like topics that relate more to the environment and the animal kingdom. Another topic of interest is global warming and alternative energy. We worked a lot on this while I was at Calvin and I loved our ethanol unit. I find cellulosic ethanol to be an extremely likely option. Especially if more research is done with algae.


   I would have to say that I am least looking forward to any medical unit. I am not really a fan of the medical sciences. We did a lot on this at Calvin as well. I've never wanted to be a doctor so these kinds of topics don't really interest me. Plus the terminology always trips me up. I think I personally am too sqeamish to be involved in medicine and bacteria and such. It's definately not my cup of tea. For those out there going into medicine, best wishes! Personally, I'll stick to my ethanol and fish.


   Random, but I just wanted to share that I FINALLY got an internship! I will be interning with the Land Conservancy of West Michigan! I am so excited! They are a group set on protecting the environment in West Michigan. They are really great. I worked with them over the summer. We went out to a field and picked native species and then spread the seeds in a dried up lake. Our efforts will help reintroduce native species to that area and restore the land left by the lake's drying up. I can't wait to start! If anyone wants to volunteer or just wants to learn more about the group, you can visit their website: http://www.naturenearby.org/Home.tab.aspx.

No comments:

Post a Comment